I never liked beetroot until I moved to Australia, Aussies love their beetroot, I guess explains why most look amazing :). Australia made me love beetroot, I remember the first meal I ate when I arrived in Newcastle, NSW was a burger with beetroot slice. That was strange but at same time tasted differently good.
From then on my obsession began for this veg. I usually roast it and have it in my salads. But on a daily basis have it raw first thing in the morning or last thing before bed as a juice.
Benefits of this beautiful veg include.
- Helps Prevent Cancer
- Aid in reducing inflammation: betaine in beetroot has been proven to protect sell from harmful attacks that can cause inflammation
- Antioxidant: The antioxidants in beets protect the skin whilst the lycopene helps the skin remain supple and elastic.
- Improves Digestion
- Detox: due to the methionine and betaine beets can help the liver to get rid of toxins whilst also stimulating liver cells.
- Due to its fiber content beets may help lower blood pressure.
- Can help improve exercise performance by boosting your energy levels.
- Helps you maintain a healthy weight.
In the image is what I made this morning, in fact my go to every morning. I have the beet juice on an empty stomach, then sip on the green tea through out the morning and then then the lady finger banana as mid morning snack.
Below is my classic Beetroot juice recipe which is pictured above.
Beetroot juice recipe:
- 1 organic beet peeled
- 1 organic green apple
- 2 organic celery sticks
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 organic small carrots
Enjoy, be nourished, feel blessed and grateful 🙂